29. What Does It Mean to Be a Provider?Dec 10, 2021
How do you approach your decisions about money in your marriage? Do you feel insecure? Get defensive? Do you just defer to the one making the money to make the “big” money decisions? This comes up for people all the time in our conversations with them. When Danny stopped working for a time, and Lindsay began working, it felt like our world got turned upside down. It was challenging. There were doubts, insecurities, friction to be worked through. You don’t need your circumstances to become drastic or dire to learn these valuable lessons from our experience. You may able to relate to the unhelpful thinking patterns we discovered during this time.
In this episode you'll hear:
- Why we struggle having conversations about money or making decisions about money as a couple
- Some helpful strategies
- Some alternative ways to think about it without limiting yourself
- What it means to be a provider and why this is so important
- How going to bat for yourself can actually help your loved one and your relationship
- A funny example
Listen to the full episode HERE.
Lindsay and Danny Poelman are certified life coaches and are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Danny helps guys to stop looking at porn and make their real life and/or marriage what they want it to be. Lindsay helps women let go of the fantasy marriage that doesn’t exist and create the marriage of their dreams in real life.